
We went strawberry picking last week with Kathy and her kids.
It was lots of fun and I think the majority of the kids ate more than they picked. Me and my 5 picked a total of 10 lbs that morning but Mia wanted to do more serious picking without the boys. So we dropped them off at Grandma's in the afternoon and within an hour Mia, Holly and I picked 35 lbs. of berries (Mia won with a bucket full at 12 1/2) So, 2 strawberry pies, a couple batches of shortcake, 6 batches of jam, 3 bags of sliced frozen berries and plenty left to "just eat" they are now almost gone!
2 comments:
Good stuff. Sounds like you were busy. Great fun to do with the family. I remember picking blueberries with the kids when they were little.
I made rasberry jam once while living in lovely Lynden...the whole thing was a kick in the head...whoever that is with the strawberry smile reminds of a little kid I used to babysit with footy pajamas that wouldn't go to bed so I could watch TV...hmmm
Post a Comment