Friday, March 16, 2007

Identification

When we found out we were going to have triplets a lot of thoughts entered our minds of how we were going to possibly do this but I have to say the following is not one I really, truly thought would ever be an issue! Since day one, our main way of identifying the boys was by color. It started with painting a toenail on Lucas and Tyler, one blue, one red. Also, a lot of our gifts were clothes and they sometimes happened to be blue, red and green (sometimes the third color was yellow or white so Joey had a little more variety) :) So, naturally, Lucas started wearing blue, Tyler wearing red and Joey was green. Who would have thought 3 years later this would be sticking and I'd have created a color coding monster (or maybe you've been thinking I was creating a monster all along). For example, they love (or insist) on drinking out of "their color" cup or eating out of "their color" bowl when it is available. We were at Target the other day and there was a group of Target employees standing together and Tyler announced "Those ladies all have my color." When driving around they pick out each others color cars. I guess it's true when "they say" not to label anyone, it can have very long term effects! So, I guess I better get off of Joey's color couch and head to my bed that is Lucas' color!

4 comments:

Tim and Lanette said...

That is so cute. It will probably always stick. I was gonna tell you the other day in response to the pancakes that I would be happy to take parenting advice from you any day.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

That picture is just so cute. Oh well, it makes it easy for buying gifts. And you always know whose is broken or lost or whatever.

Anonymous said...

You guys are too funny! Creating monsters is part of our job as parents right? Yours just happen to be color-coded monsters....easier to identify!! :)

lauri said...

Beck, I just hope that it doesn't carry on into adulthood, like Lucas will have to be one of the Blue Man Group...and Tyler will have to be a fire fighter..and Joey, well, he'll have to be a farmer...or work for John Deere. See, this could have monumental percusions, dear cousin!